Expand international trademark
To solve the problem of foreign trademark search agencies difficult pain points, for the agency to expand international trademark business, provide efficient and convenient trademark search tools.
Build an international brand
It is helpful for enterprises to enter the international market, grasp the dynamics of international trademark in advance, do a good job in the preparation of international trademark registration, build international brand and highlight the competitiveness of enterprises.
Through the overseas trademark inquiry, the inquiry own brand approximate mark, the prompt understanding overseas trademark dynamics, the guard viciously steals the note, the good brand protection.
Avoid trademark infringement
Before registration, make a similar inquiry of overseas trademarks to avoid similar infringement of registered marks and overseas existing trademarks and unnecessary international disputes.
Who can apply for registration of American trademarks?
1. A person who has used a trademark in the United States may apply for trademark registration;
2. A person who intends to use a trademark in the United States may also apply for trademark registration;
3. Individuals and legal persons may apply.
What materials are needed for trademark registration in the United States?
1. Apply as a legal person, attach a copy of Business License or valid registration certificate with official seal; Apply as a natural person with one copy of personal identity certificate;
2. Detailed information of the applicant (English and Chinese), including name, nature, nationality, detailed address, postal code and contact information;
3. Electronic trademark samples;
4. Names and categories of commodities;
5. The applicant submits a declaration of genuine use of the trademark, stating which products or services will be used with the relevant trademark (intended to be used);
6. The applicant provides a declaration of the true use of the trademark in business (actual use).
What is the process of trademark application in the United States?
1. Formal examination: After the application is submitted, the legality of the application documents, trademark drawings and other documents submitted will be examined; if the application meets the requirements, the application date and application number will be granted;
2. Substantive examination: To examine whether a trademark is registrable, whether it is identical or similar to a previously registered trademark, and whether it violates the prohibition clause of the Trademark Law according to law;
3. Announcement: After examination, the examiner considers that the trademark application can be accepted, and then publishes the announcement in the official trademark announcement of the United States. One month from the date of announcement is the period of objection. (The longest objection period is 180 days);
4. Submitting the declaration of use: After the above procedure, the Trademark Patent Office issues a notice of allowance, which is not a registration certificate; within six months after issuing the notice of allowance, the applicant must provide a declaration of the true use of the trademark in the business or apply for the reservation of the trademark;
5. Registration and Approval: The Trademark and Patent Office shall review again after receiving the declaration of true use.If the declaration of true use is accepted after examination, a registration certificate is issued. The smooth application process (if no rejection, objection, etc.) takes about 9 to 12 months.
When will the American Trademark Notice be issued?
The TMOG is published every Tuesday. It contains bibliographic information and representative drawings of each published trademark, as well as a list of cancelled and renewed registrations.
How long is the duration of trademark objection in the United States?
Within 30 days of the announcement period, the objector filed an application for objection with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the US Patent and Trademark Office and submitted the reasons for the objection. The time limit for objection may be extended upon the application of the objector. In the absence of the consent of the trademark applicant, the period of objection can be extended by 90 days (which can be divided into two applications: 30 days for extension and 60 days for extension; 90 days for extension of one-time application); in addition, if the consent of the trademark applicant is obtained, the period of objection can be extended by another 60 days. Therefore,maximum time limit for filing an objection application is 180 days.